Herausgeber: wpd AG
Successful partnership: wpd awards Nordex Group contract for 188 MW in Finland
Bremen (renewablepress) - wpd and its Finnish team can report an important success in one of Northern Europe’s growth markets. In the 188 MW project “Karhunnevankangas” in the western Finnish region of Österbotten the decision has been made which turbine type will be installed in 2022. Here, wpd relies on the proven partnership with the turbine manufacturer Nordex.
The Nordex Group will supply turbines of the type N163/5.X of the Delta4000 series for the wind farm. The order also includes a Premium Service contract for the turbines over the period of 15 years, which reflects the long-term partnership of the two companies.
The turbines will be commissioned in a project-specific operating mode of 5.7 MW. The towers are designed as steel tube structures and will reach a hub height of 159 meters, so that the rotor blade tips of the turbines are located at a height of 240 meters, reaching into lower-turbulence wind layers. The project site is located near the coast, where stable good wind conditions are given.
“We are delighted with wpd’s confidence in our turbine technology and that we are able to erect them here for the first time at hub heights of almost 160 meters,” comments Patxi Landa, Chief Sales Officer at Nordex Group.
“We are very happy to have another of our wind farms equipped with state-of-the-art Nordex wind turbines,” adds Heikki Peltomaa, Managing Director at wpd Finland Oy, and continues, “We expect to be able to start delivering emission-free electricity in mid-2022. UPM, the largest paper producer in Europe, is the power purchaser in this project based on a long-term corporate PPA.”
Construction work has already started in the summer of 2020. Most recently, a contract was signed before the end of last year with Empower PN Oy, a subsidiary of Enersense International Oyj, for the construction of the approximately 8 km long overhead line between the substation on the project site and the connection at the national grid operator Fingrid. Work is scheduled to start as early as March and to be completed in spring 2022.
wpd Finland Oy has been operating in Finland since 2007 and currently has a pipeline of approximately 1,000 MW of projects at various stages. With the Karhunnevankangas project as an addition to the four wind farms already realized by wpd in the country, the Finnish wpd team is further expanding its position as a competent and reliable partner on the country’s energy market. The company is well positioned for further projects and PPAs to promote CO2-free energy production and the achievement of Finland’s climate goals in the present and future.
wpd develops and operates onshore and offshore wind farms and solar parks, and is actively engaged in 25 countries around the world; the head office is in Bremen. The German company has already realized wind energy projects with around 2,270 wind turbines and an output of 4,720 MW, and is planning further projects with a total of 11,300 MW onshore, 7,400 MW offshore and 1,150 MWp solar energy.
Bremen, 11 January 2021
Publication and Reprint free of charge; please send a voucher copy to wpd AG.
Attention editorial offices - For further questions please contact:
Head of Communication
Phone: +49 (421) 16866-10
Online-Pressemappe - alle Pressemitteilungen der wpd AG | RSS-Feed abonnieren
Pressebilder nur für die redaktionelle Verwendung
Hinweis: Für den Inhalt der Pressemitteilung ist der Emittent / Herausgeber der Meldung »wpd AG« verantwortlich.
Weitere Pressemitteilungen von wpd AG
- Erfolge in einem spannenden Markt: wpd vermeldet Financial Close ...
- wpd positioniert sich breiter als Projektpartner auf dem US-Energ...
- wpd unterzeichnet Lieferverträge für 350-MW-Projekt in Taiwan
- wpd begrüßt hochrangigen Besuch in polnischen Windparks
- wpd schließt Stromliefervertrag mit ENGIE in Polen ab
- wpd erhält von Euler Hermes erneut das A-Rating
- wpd schließt in Finnland mit der K Group einen weiteren Stromlie...
- wpd schließt Liefervertrag für Windenergieanlagen im französis...
- EDF Renewables, Enbridge und wpd beginnen mit dem Bau des Offshor...
- wpd vermeldet in Polen den Abschluss eines weiteren PPAs
Top 10: Meist geklickte Pressemitteilungen von wpd AG
- 1 wpd etabliert sich als Partner für PPAs auf dem Windenergiema...
- 3 Erfolge in einem spannenden Markt: wpd vermeldet Financial Clo...
- 4 EDF Renewables, Enbridge und wpd beginnen mit dem Bau des Offs...
- 5 wpd schließt Liefervertrag für Windenergieanlagen im franzö...
- 6 wpd schließt Stromliefervertrag mit ENGIE in Polen ab
- 7 wpd unterzeichnet Lieferverträge für 350-MW-Projekt in Taiwan
- 8 wpd positioniert sich breiter als Projektpartner auf dem US-En...
- 9 Weitere Erfolge auf dem spanischen Windmarkt: wpd schließt PP...
- 10 wpd vermeldet in Polen den Abschluss eines weiteren PPAs
About wpd AG
wpd is a developer and operator of wind farms both onshore and offshore, acting worldwide. Since 1996, wpd has installed 2,200 wind turbines with a total of 4,450 MW. Currently more than 1,500 MW are held as assets. A group staff of 2,200 is committed to wind energy in 21 countries. Internationally, wpd is planning projects in the scope of 8,725 MW onshore and 7,250 MW offshore. For years, wpd has been awarded the first-class “A” rating by the Euler Hermes agency (Allianz Group). Besides the favourable status quo analysis, this external assessment of creditworthiness also illustrates the company’s excellent future prospects.
wpd has played a determining role in helping to shape the wind industry since its early beginnings. The foundation for wpd was laid over two decades ago in Bremen. To this day, the head office is in the Hanseatic city. The former two-man operation has developed into a solid, mid-sized company.