Herausgeber: Nordex SE
End of 2020 the Nordex Group received a major order for 518 MW from Statkraft in Brazil
• With 91 turbines, the highest volume order for N163/5.X turbines since market launch 2019
• First order for N163/5.X outside Europe, market entry in Brazil with turbines of the 5 MW class
• Statkraft's largest wind farm project to date in South America
© Nordex SEHamburg (renewablepress) - At the end of 2020, Statkraft Energias Renováveis - the Brazilian subsidiary of Europe's biggest producer of renewable energy, the Norwegian Statkraft - placed a large-scale order with the Nordex Group for a 518.7 MW project in Brazil. The Nordex Group will equip Statkraft's largest wind farm project to date in South America, named "Ventos de Santa Eugenia", with 91 N163/5.X turbines.
It is the Nordex Group’s largest order for N163/5.X turbines since market launch of this turbine in 2019 so far and the first order outside Europe. The Nordex Group is now also supplying this turbine of the Delta4000 series with 5MW+ rated power to the Brazilian market.
Statkraft's order also includes a Premium Service contract covering three years as well as a technical support agreement for the customer and the turbines over a period of 20 years.
The wind farm “Ventos de Santa Eugenia” will be built near Uibaí in the state of Bahía, in the northeast of the country. Commissioning is scheduled for early 2023. The turbines will be supplied in an optimised operating mode of 5.7 MW and will be installed on 120-metre concrete towers.
"We are delighted that Statkraft has opted for our turbine technology and appreciate the confidence placed in us to equip their biggest South American wind farm. With this turbine from the Delta4000 series, which is especially designed for sites with light and medium winds, Statkraft will be able to produce clean wind electricity at a low cost of energy and to deliver required electricity to the Brazilian market," says Patxi Landa, CSO of the Nordex Group.
For the "Ventos de Santa Eugenia" project, the Nordex Group will be manufacturing the N163/5.X in Brazil. The concrete towers will likewise be made in one of the company's own local plants near the site. In addition to this, Nordex is purchasing the rotor blades from Brazil in order to include a maximum of local value added in the project.
The N163/5.X model was launched 2019 and is designed for medium and light-wind sites. As being part of the Delta4000 series it is based on the approach of a flexible power range in the 5MW class.
In the past, the Nordex Group installed and commissioned for Statkraft the 52.5 MW "Baillie" wind farm in Scotland as well as the 23 MW "Kilathmoy" wind farm in Ireland.
Statkraft - a profile
Statkraft is an international leader in hydroelectric power and Europe's biggest producer of renewable energy. The Group produces energy from water, wind, sun and gas, supplies district heating and is a major global player in energy trading. Statkraft employs 4,000 people in 17 countries. Statkraft Energias Renováveis is majority-owned by Statkraft with an 18.7 percent stake being held by FUNCEF, Brazil's third-largest pension fund.
The Nordex Group - a profile
The Group has installed more than 30 GW of wind energy capacity in over 40 markets and in 2019 generated revenues of EUR 3.3 billion. The company currently employs a workforce of approx. 8,400. The joint manufacturing capacity includes factories in Germany, Spain, Brazil, the United States, India and Mexico. The product portfolio is focused on onshore turbines in the 2.4 to 5.X MW class, which are tailor-made for the market requirements of countries with limited space and regions with limited grid capacity.
Download press photo:
© Nordex SE
Hamburg, 13 January 2021
Publication and Reprint free of charge; please send a voucher copy to Nordex SE.
Attention editorial offices - For further questions please contact:
Phone: +49 (0)40-30030–1000
Contact for investors:
Phone: +49 (0)40-30030–1000
Langenhorner Chaussee 600
Online-Pressemappe - alle Pressemitteilungen der Nordex SE | RSS-Feed abonnieren
Pressebilder nur für die redaktionelle Verwendung
Hinweis: Für den Inhalt der Pressemitteilung ist der Emittent / Herausgeber der Meldung »Nordex SE« verantwortlich.
Weitere Pressemitteilungen von Nordex SE
- Nordex Group mit Auftragseingang von über 1,2 Gigawatt im ersten...
- Die Nordex Group erhält von wpd einen Auftrag über 97 MW aus Fi...
- Die Nordex Group liefert für die VSB Gruppe Anlagen über 42 MW ...
- Nordex Group erhält 72-MW-Auftrag aus Deutschland
- Nordex Group gewinnt 187-MW-Auftrag in der Türkei
- Nordex Group erhält Aufträge über 68 MW von Energiequelle aus ...
- Nordex Group erhält einen Auftrag über 50 MW aus Spanien
- Die Nordex Group erhält 63-MW-Auftrag aus Litauen
- Nordex Group erhält Auftrag über 180 MW aus Spanien
- Nordex Group erhält Auftrag über 96 MW in Mexiko
Top 10: Meist geklickte Pressemitteilungen von Nordex SE
- 1 Nordex Group mit Auftragseingang von über 1,2 Gigawatt im ers...
- 2 Die Nordex Group erhält von wpd einen Auftrag über 97 MW aus...
- 3 Nordex Group erhält Auftrag über 180 MW aus Spanien
- 5 Nordex Group erhält Aufträge über 68 MW von Energiequelle a...
- 6 Nordex Group erhält 72-MW-Auftrag aus Deutschland
- 7 Nordex Group wächst weiter und erhöht Konzernumsatz auf EUR ...
- 8 Nordex Group erhält Auftrag über 96 MW in Mexiko
- 9 Die Nordex Group erhält 63-MW-Auftrag aus Litauen
- 10 Nordex Group erhält einen Auftrag über 50 MW aus Spanien
About Nordex SE
The development, manufacture, project management and servicing of wind turbines in the onshore segment has been the core competence and passion of the Nordex Group and its more than 7,900 employees worldwide since 1985. As one of the world's largest wind turbine manufacturers, the Nordex Group offers high-yield, cost-efficient wind turbines under the Acciona Windpower and Nordex brands that enable long-term and economical power generation from wind energy in all geographical and climatic conditions.
The focus is on turbines in the 3 to 5MW+ class, and the Group’s comprehensive product portfolio offers individual solutions for both markets with limited space and regions with limited grid capacities. With more than 29 GW of installed capacity worldwide, Nordex Group systems deliver sustainable energy throughout more than 80 per cent of the world’s energy market (excluding China).
Nordex SE is listed on the TecDAX of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. The management holding company is headquartered in Rostock, while the executive board and administrative offices are based in Hamburg. At production facilities in Germany, Spain, Brazil, the US, and India, the Nordex Group produces its own nacelles, rotor blades and concrete towers. The Group also maintains offices and branches in more than 25 countries.