Herausgeber: Nordex SE
Nordex growing in line with the market in Germany
• Steady share of around 17% of the domestic market secured
• Tender design resulting in project delays in the absence of any adjustments
Hamburg (renewablepress) - The German wind power market is characterized by light and shadow at the moment. Whereas sales volumes in the industry are heading for a new record, the award of projects resulting in short-term revenues for producers is declining.
According to calculations by the industry association, the capacity of new installed onshore turbine rose by eleven percent again in the first half of 2017 to 2,281 megawatts (MW). Nordex expanded by the same rate in this environment, maintaining its market share of around 17 percent. “This is a positive sign that proves that our current range is competitive in the hotly contested market. What is more, we are about to launch a far more efficient wind power system, which we are confident will attract strong demand in the foreseeable future,” says Patxi Landa, Chief Sales Officer of Nordex SE.
Over the first half of the year, the trend towards higher-output turbines with larger rotors continued. Thus, the average nominal capacity per turbine rose to around 2.9 MW. Says Landa: “Technically, a capacity well in excess of this is already possible. We are also responding to this trend and increase spends on our products again.”
Nordex sees greater challenges in the design of the tendering process. In the first round held in May more than 95 percent of the projects were awarded to citizen wind farm entities. These projects do not require any permit under the German Federal Emission Control Act to take part in the process and have a completion period for the construction of the wind farm of 54 months instead of two years.
Consequently, no producer received any contracts worth mentioning from the tender volume of around 800 MW in the first round. “Manufacturers that do not have any business outside Germany have now been largely left high and dry as they are dependent for their survival on the shrinking volume of transitional projects under the German Renewable Energies Act. “The ability to take part in tendering without a construction permit is a design error which must be eliminated permanently to avert any risk to the German wind power industry,” says Landa. To date, the government has only made the necessary adjustments for the first two rounds in 2018.
With the internationalisation strategy that it has been pursuing for many years, Nordex has reduced its exposure to the German market. Following the acquisition of Acciona Windpower that was completed in April 2016 this now also applies to the European market. Despite this, Germany remains an important market and production hub for the Group.
Download press photo:
About the Nordex Group
The Group has installed wind power capacity of around 21 GW in over 25 markets, generating sales of EUR 3.4 billion in 2016. It currently has more than 5,000 employees. The production network comprises plants in Germany, Spain, Brazil, the United States and India. The product range primarily concentrates on onshore turbines in the 1.5 - 3.9 MW class addressing the requirements of developed as well as emerging markets.
Hamburg, 27 July 2017
Publication and Reprint free of charge; please send a voucher copy to Nordex SE.
Attention editorial offices: For further questions please contact
Telephone: + 49 40 300 30 – 1000
Langenhorner Chaussee 600
Online-Pressemappe - alle Pressemitteilungen der Nordex SE | RSS-Feed abonnieren
Pressebilder nur für die redaktionelle Verwendung
Hinweis: Für den Inhalt der Pressemitteilung ist der Emittent / Herausgeber der Meldung »Nordex SE« verantwortlich.
Weitere Pressemitteilungen von Nordex SE
- Bedarfsgesteuerte Nachtkennzeichnung: Die Nordex Group macht Wind...
- Nordex Group erzielt im dritten Quartal 2020 Auftragseingang von ...
- Nordex Group erhält Auftrag über 62 MW aus Großbritannien
- Nordex Group erhält einen Großauftrag über 297 MW aus den USA
- Stammkunde Sancak Enerji erteilt Nordex Group Folgeauftrag über ...
- Nordex Group erhält neue Aufträge über 227 MW aus Europa
- Nordex Group erhält Auftrag aus den USA über 312 MW
- Nordex Group: Erste N149/5.X wie geplant errichtet
- Nordex Group nimmt planmäßig im Sinne der Qualitätssicherung G...
- Nordex Group: in Finnland verkaufte Leistung überschreitet ein G...
Top 10: Meist geklickte Pressemitteilungen von Nordex SE
- 1 Bedarfsgesteuerte Nachtkennzeichnung: Die Nordex Group macht W...
- 2 Nordex Group erzielt im dritten Quartal 2020 Auftragseingang v...
- 3 Nordex Group erhält Auftrag über 62 MW aus Großbritannien
- 4 Nordex Group erhält einen Großauftrag über 297 MW aus den USA
- 5 Nordex Group erhält Auftrag über die Lieferung von 27,7 MW i...
- 6 Nordex Group: Die N149 ist die am häufigsten genehmigte Turbi...
- 7 Nordex Group nimmt planmäßig im Sinne der Qualitätssicherun...
- 8 Nordex Group: Erste N149/5.X wie geplant errichtet
- 9 Nordex Group erhält Auftrag aus den USA über 312 MW
- 10 Die Nordex Group startet Turbinenerrichtung in ihrem größten...
About Nordex SE
The Nordex Group is one of the world's leading suppliers of wind turbines. The principal focus is on units with a high capacity - above all in the megawatt range: the strongest growth segment in the sector. Under the brand names Nordex, we offer powerful wind turbines for almost all geographic regions across the globe. Onshore and offshore, for desert and permafrost areas. With the largest serial produced wind turbine family in the world (N80/2500 kW, N90/2500 kW, N100/2500 kW and N117/2400 kW) and the powerful megawatt turbines N77/1500 kW and N82/1500 kW, Nordex is able to offer high-efficiency wind turbines for onshore use. The Nordex N150/6000 kW Offshore rounds off our megawatt product family with a machine especially designed for offshore use.
Today more than 4,500 Nordex wind turbines with a total rated output of more than 6,500 megawatts are already rotating in 30 countries of the world. We are represented with offices and subsidiaries in 19 countries.