Herausgeber: wpd AG
Success in an exciting market: wpd announces financial close and construction progress for five projects in Poland
Bremen (renewablepress) - Poland's exciting market for renewable energies continues to gain momentum and wpd is contributing to this as a successful wind farm project developer. With wpd Polska sp. z o.o. as its national company, wpd has been operating from the Poznan location since 2012. Since then, the company has established itself sustainably in the Polish wind market and has also become a member of the Polish Wind Energy Association PSEW.
Wind energy is perceived as the renewable energy source with the greatest growth potential in the country. wpd currently has five projects under construction in Poland, which were awarded to wpd in an auction in November 2018. These wind farms, which have a total installed capacity of 102.5 MW and are located in the Wielkopolskie region of central Poland, are currently about to be commissioned. Currently 35 of 38 wind turbines have been installed in the five wind farms. Despite the adverse effects of the COVID 19 pandemic, the wpd teams at all project sites remain fully on schedule and all projects will be fully operational in the fourth quarter.
In parallel with the progress of construction work, financial close has now also been announced. The European Investment Bank (EIB) and Landesbank Baden-Württemberg (LBBW) will finance the construction and operation of the five projects, the Jarocin Kozmin, Jarocin Wschod, Krotoszyn North, Krotoszyn South and Slupca Kolaczkowo wind farms near Poznan. The projects will supply electricity to more than 60,000 households at peak times.
"The conclusion of the financing marks a groundbreaking success for us," says Ralf Ketteler, head of international project financing at wpd. "With the EIB and LBBW we have found reliable and committed partners to further advance the Polish energy turnaround with our five projects."
This opens up promising prospects for wpd. “We are pleased about the positive development of the Polish market with further successful projects for wpd. These projects are of great importance to us and show that we have successfully established ourselves in another market,” says Dr. Hartmut Brösamle, member of the board at wpd, and adds: “With a strong team and an extensive project pipeline, we have a long-term commitment in Poland."
wpd AG develops and operates onshore and offshore wind farms and solar parks, and is actively engaged in 25 countries around the world; the head office is in Bremen. The German company has already realized wind energy projects with around 2,270 wind turbines and an output of 4,720 MW, and is planning further projects with a total of 11,300 MW onshore, 7,400 MW offshore and 1,150 MWp solar energy.
Bremen, 22 October 2020
Publication and Reprint free of charge; please send a voucher copy to wpd AG.
Attention editorial offices - For further questions please contact:
Head of Communication
Phone: +49 (421) 16866-10
Online-Pressemappe - alle Pressemitteilungen der wpd AG | RSS-Feed abonnieren
Pressebilder nur für die redaktionelle Verwendung
Hinweis: Für den Inhalt der Pressemitteilung ist der Emittent / Herausgeber der Meldung »wpd AG« verantwortlich.
Weitere Pressemitteilungen von wpd AG
- Erfolgreiche Partnerschaft: wpd erteilt Nordex Group Auftrag übe...
- wpd positioniert sich breiter als Projektpartner auf dem US-Energ...
- wpd unterzeichnet Lieferverträge für 350-MW-Projekt in Taiwan
- wpd begrüßt hochrangigen Besuch in polnischen Windparks
- wpd schließt Stromliefervertrag mit ENGIE in Polen ab
- wpd erhält von Euler Hermes erneut das A-Rating
- wpd schließt in Finnland mit der K Group einen weiteren Stromlie...
- wpd schließt Liefervertrag für Windenergieanlagen im französis...
- EDF Renewables, Enbridge und wpd beginnen mit dem Bau des Offshor...
- wpd vermeldet in Polen den Abschluss eines weiteren PPAs
Top 10: Meist geklickte Pressemitteilungen von wpd AG
- 2 wpd begrüßt hochrangigen Besuch in polnischen Windparks
- 3 wpd schließt Liefervertrag für Windenergieanlagen im franzö...
- 4 EDF Renewables, Enbridge und wpd beginnen mit dem Bau des Offs...
- 5 wpd unterzeichnet Lieferverträge für 350-MW-Projekt in Taiwan
- 6 wpd etabliert sich als Partner für PPAs auf dem Windenergiema...
- 7 wpd positioniert sich breiter als Projektpartner auf dem US-En...
- 8 wpd schließt in Finnland mit der K Group einen weiteren Strom...
- 9 Harter Kampf gegen den Fels: wpd europe GmbH schließt Infrast...
- 10 wpd erhält von Euler Hermes erneut das A-Rating
About wpd AG
wpd is a developer and operator of wind farms both onshore and offshore, acting worldwide. Since 1996, wpd has installed 2,200 wind turbines with a total of 4,450 MW. Currently more than 1,500 MW are held as assets. A group staff of 2,200 is committed to wind energy in 21 countries. Internationally, wpd is planning projects in the scope of 8,725 MW onshore and 7,250 MW offshore. For years, wpd has been awarded the first-class “A” rating by the Euler Hermes agency (Allianz Group). Besides the favourable status quo analysis, this external assessment of creditworthiness also illustrates the company’s excellent future prospects.
wpd has played a determining role in helping to shape the wind industry since its early beginnings. The foundation for wpd was laid over two decades ago in Bremen. To this day, the head office is in the Hanseatic city. The former two-man operation has developed into a solid, mid-sized company.