Herausgeber: juwi AG
juwi Shizen Energy constructs 54-megawatt-solarpark on a former golf course in Japan
- Solar power plant is located in Tochigi prefecture around 100 kilometers north of the capital Tokyo Wörrstadt, Tokyo (renewablepress) - Juwi Shizen Energy, the joint venture established in 2013 between the German project developer juwi and the Japanese developer of wind and solar parks Shizen Energy, is constructing a 54 megawatt (DC) solar park in the city of Sano, around 100 kilometers north of Tokyo. The joint venture is building the park on behalf of Pacifico Energy. Start of constructions is in October this year. The power plant is scheduled to go into operation in summer 2022.
- Largest single project of the juwi joint venture in Japan
The fact that juwi Shizen Energy has a proven track record in the construction of large free-field solar PV parks with challenging terrain topography now also benefits the largest single project in the company's history as the solar park is located on a former golf course on a hillside. Up until now, the joint venture has successfully implemented several projects of this type in the recent past, and has completed EPC projects with total output of over 200 megawatts. Most recently, the company took on two solar parks for a 100 percent subsidiary of the gas supplier Tokyo Gas Co., Ltd. in operation.
Jan Warzecha, Managing Director of juwi Shizen Energy emphasizes: “We are delighted to be able to implement this project for Pacifico Energy. Since it was founded, juwi Shizen Energy has built an excellent reputation as an engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) partner in the Japanese energy sector by realizing numerous demanding and complex solar projects of various sizes. It is our aim to advance the energy transition in Japan with further renewable energy projects. "
The project pipeline for this is well filled. juwi Shizen Energy is currently having more than 300 megawatts of peak output under construction in Japan. At the end of August, Jan Warzecha signed an EPC contract with Amp Energy for juwi Shizen Energy for the construction of a 14-megawatt solar PV park in Kai City in Yamanashi Prefecture. The two companies are working together for the first time. The Kai Shobuzawa solar park is scheduled to be completed by the end of 2021. The prefecture is located west of Tokyo on the main island of Honshu and is home to Mount Fuji, one of the country's landmarks. The solar park is currently under construction on an area of 15 hectares and is expected to supply around 5,770 average Japanese households with the expected energy yield of 18 million kilowatt hours per year.
The current Sano City project will produce around 62 million kilowatt hours of clean solar power per year after completion.
About the juwi group
The juwi group is one of the world’s leading companies in the area of renewable energy. The renewable energy pioneer offers project development, Hybrid Solutions as well as EPC and O&M services. Company activities are mainly projects with solar and wind. The juwi group was established in 1996 in Rhineland-Palatinate/Germany. Since the end of 2014, Mannheim based utility MVV Energie AG has been partner shareholder of the juwi Group. juwi has about 850 employees worldwide, branches on all continents and is actively engaged in various projects all over the globe. Working together with passion to implement renewable energy economically and reliably is what drives us.
So far, juwi has realized more than 1,000 wind turbines with a total capacity of more than. 2,400 megawatts at 180 sites globally. In the solar segment, more than 1,700 projects with a total capacity of around 2,700 megawatts have been designed and constructed. Combined, these energy systems produce more than 8.0 billion kilowatt hours of clean energy per year, equaling the annual demand of more than 2.6 million German households. Within the past 20 years, juwi has initiated an investment volume of around 9.0 billion euros to realize these projects.
Wörrstadt, Tokyo, 19 October 2020
Publication and Reprint free of charge; please send a voucher copy to juwi AG.
Attention editorial offices - For further questions please contact:
Tel: +49 (0)6732 9657-1244
Mob: +49 (0)1520 9331878
Online-Pressemappe - alle Pressemitteilungen der juwi AG | RSS-Feed abonnieren
Pressebilder nur für die redaktionelle Verwendung
Hinweis: Für den Inhalt der Pressemitteilung ist der Emittent / Herausgeber der Meldung »juwi AG« verantwortlich.
Weitere Pressemitteilungen von juwi AG
- juwi baut Solarpark in Nord-Australien
- Photovoltaik-Zubau außerhalb des EEG: juwi übergibt förderfrei...
- juwi-Gruppe baut in Südafrika Solarkraftwerk für Eigenstromverb...
- juwi-Gruppe überschreitet Marke von 3.000 Megawatt an installier...
- Baubeginn für Europas größten bifazialen Solarpark
- juwi und GE Renewable Energy schließen Rahmenvertrag über 60 Wi...
- Keine Abstriche beim Anlagenservice: juwi-Betriebsführung für E...
- Sonne, Wind & Speicher: juwi erfolgreich bei der ersten Innovatio...
- juwi realisiert Photovoltaik-Hybridprojekt mit 25-MW-Batteriespei...
- Neues Führungstrio für die operativen Gesellschaften der juwi-G...
Top 10: Meist geklickte Pressemitteilungen von juwi AG
- 1 juwi baut Solarpark in Nord-Australien
- 2 Photovoltaik-Zubau außerhalb des EEG: juwi übergibt förderf...
- 3 juwi-Gruppe überschreitet Marke von 3.000 Megawatt an install...
- 4 Baubeginn für Europas größten bifazialen Solarpark
- 5 juwi-Gruppe baut in Südafrika Solarkraftwerk für Eigenstromv...
- 6 juwi Shizen Energy baut 54-Megawatt-Solarpark auf ehemaligem G...
- 7 Sonne, Wind & Speicher: juwi erfolgreich bei der ersten Innova...
- 8 Windpark Kröppen an Betreiber übergeben
- 9 juwi und Hellenic Petroleum Group unterzeichnen Kaufvereinbaru...
- 10 juwi realisiert Photovoltaik-Hybridprojekt mit 25-MW-Batteries...
About juwi AG
juwi is one of the world’s leading companies in the area of renewable energy with a strong regional presence. The company offers project development and EPC services as well as products and solutions for the energy turnaround. Company activities are mainly projects with solar and wind.
The juwi group was established in 1996 in Rhineland-Palatinate. Since the end of 2014, Mannheim based utility MVV Energie AG has been co-owner and partner of the juwi-group. juwi has about 1,000 employees worldwide, branches on all continents and is actively engaged in various projects all over the globe. Working together with passion to implement renewable energy economically and reliably is what drives us.
So far, juwi has realized around 840 wind turbines with a total capacity of approx. 1,800 megawatts at more than 100 sites. In the solar segment, more than 1,500 projects with a total capacity of around 1,400 megawatts have been designed and constructed. Combined, these energy systems produce around six billion kilowatt hours of clean energy per year, equalling the annual demand of around 1.5 million German households. Within the past 18 years, juwi has initiated an investment volume of around six billion euros to realize these projects.