Herausgeber: VSB Neue Energien Deutschland GmbH
VSB Group: DIN specification for dismantling wind turbines
- In RDRWind e.V., VSB Group plays leading role in developing first industry standardDresden / Hanover (renewablepress) - Dismantling and recycling now carried out according to a standardised process: VSB Group contributes vast experience in project development and the dismantling of wind turbines to the work of the RDRWind e.V. association. DIN SPEC 4866 provides operators, demolition and recycling companies, municipalities and authorities with recommendations for an orderly dismantling process as well as for safety, monitoring and documentation.
Beginning in 2021, the wind industry faces a wave of wind turbines that will need to be dismantled, because they will no longer qualify for EEG subsidies after 20 years of operation. According to recent estimates from the German Wind Energy Association (BWE), this will affect some 6,000 turbines with a total of 4,500 MW in 2021 alone. It will be necessary to dismantle existing turbines if they are not replaced by repowering or cannot be operated economically due to high operating costs.
Up to now, wind energy players – such as operators, project developers and energy suppliers – have had no binding framework when it comes to the demolition, removal, recycling and disposal of wind turbines. DIN SPEC 4866, which has been drawn up under the leadership of the VSB Group, now sets an industry standard for the first time and puts the work of the companies on a secure foundation.
“For VSB and all the other partners, it is important to show the public as well as local and government authorities that the industry works professionally. With this DIN specification, we are documenting in black and white how the dismantling process can be carried out in a uniform, safe and environmentally aware manner,” said Andrea Aschemeyer, site manager at VSB Neue Energien Deutschland GmbH and spokeswoman for RDRWind e.V.’s advisory board for standards, norms and quality seals.
DIN SPEC 4866 is available free of charge in German and English from Beuth Verlag. Further information on the DIN standard and the dismantling of wind turbines can be found at www.rdrwind.de and www.din.de/en.
About VSB Group
VSB, headquartered in Dresden, is one of the leading European full-service suppliers in the renewable energy sector. Its core business is the international project development and realization of wind and photovoltaic farms as well as their operation and commercial and technical management. Since 1996, VSB has commissioned more than 700 wind energy and photovoltaic plants with a combined installed capacity of approx. 1.1 GW and an investment volume of EUR 1.7 billion. The Group and associated companies employ over 300 people at 22 locations.
Dresden / Hanover, 17 July 2020
Publication and Reprint free of charge; please send a voucher copy to VSB Neue Energien Deutschland GmbH.
Attention editorial offices - For further questions please contact:
Tel: +49 351 21183 672
Fax: +49 351 21183 44
VSB Neue Energien Deutschland GmbH
Schweizer Straße 3a
Online-Pressemappe - alle Pressemitteilungen der VSB Neue Energien Deutschland GmbH | RSS-Feed abonnieren
Pressebilder nur für die redaktionelle Verwendung
Hinweis: Für den Inhalt der Pressemitteilung ist der Emittent / Herausgeber der Meldung »VSB Neue Energien Deutschland GmbH« verantwortlich.
Weitere Pressemitteilungen von VSB Neue Energien Deutschland GmbH
- VSB Gruppe wird Partner des Klimaschutz-Unternehmen e.V.
- Erstes Bauprojekt in Skandinavien: VSB Gruppe errichtet 40-MW Win...
- Wind und PV in Hessen: VSB Gruppe jetzt mit Regionalbüro in Kassel
- Closing erfolgt: VSB Gruppe Teil der Partners Group
- Partners Group erwirbt Anteile an der VSB Gruppe
- Thomas Winkler neuer Geschäftsführer der VSB Neue Energien Deut...
- VSB Gruppe: Erfolgreicher Markteintritt in Südkorea - 35-MW-Proj...
- VSB bringt Windpark Fischbach ans Netz
- Gigant der Effizienz: VSB und Nordex nehmen 4,5 MW Windrad in Bet...
- VSB errichtet 10 MWp Solarpark in Tunesien
Meist geklickte Pressemitteilungen von VSB Neue Energien Deutschland GmbH
- 1 Windparkentwicklung mit Qualitätsprädikat: VSB zertifiziert ...
- 2 Wind und PV in Hessen: VSB Gruppe jetzt mit Regionalbüro in K...
- 3 VSB Gruppe: DIN-Spezifikation für Rückbau von Windenergieanl...
- 4 Staatsekretär Möller weiht VSB-Windpark Wipperdorf ein
About VSB Neue Energien Deutschland GmbH
The future of our energy supply is in renewables. This has been VSB Group’s guiding principle since 1996. And it’s been successful, too. From its head office in Dresden, the consultancy has become an international provider of wind energy and photovoltaic solutions. VSB adds value throughout the entire project life cycle, from securing land through approval planning and implementation to operations. We also offer our clients and investors a full range of specialized services and operate as a general contractor. We aim to provide quality, optimal project management, high-value components and excellent partners.
VSB implements environmentally-friendly projects, reducing CO2 emissions by several thousand tonnes. With our partners, we help municipal councils and mayors to develop and implement energy- and climate-driven concepts. Our common goal is to create a reliable energy supply, use energy consciously and efficiently and at low cost. This enables us to involve citizens comprehensively at an early stage, build acceptance and develop individual participation models.
A 300-strong team in Germany, Europe and worldwide works hard to make our vision of 100 percent energy generation from renewables a reality. For example, we have already succeeded in connecting roughly 900 megawatts of wind energy and photovoltaic power to the grid. That is equivalent to the annual energy consumption of roughly 1.3 million people. Many other projects are currently in development with cooperation partners, municipalities, citizens and investors.