Herausgeber: wpd AG
Tough battle against the rock: wpd europe GmbH completes infrastructure and foundation construction for Swedish wind farm Aldermyrberget
Bremen (renewablepress) - For wind turbine manufacturer Vestas, the green light can soon be given for the installation of the first turbines at the Aldermyrberget wind farm in the municipality of Skellefteå in the north of Sweden. After challenging infrastructure work, which began in June 2019, the Swedish wpd team was able to complete the access route and, above all, the construction of the foundations. Currently, the last steps in anchoring the foundations with special rock anchors in the ground are being implemented. The complex terrain structure with a high proportion of massive rock formations even offered advantages here, as the rocky ground provides the necessary prerequisites for such anchoring.
The Aldermyrberget wind farm project is being built in a traditional mining and industrial community in the province of Västerbottens Iän. The project area is located on the land owned by Sveaskog, Holmen and a private landowner. It is the northernmost project that wpd europe GmbH has ever implemented. The 72-megawatt wind farm will consist of 17 wind turbines (WTGs) of the Vestas V150 type, each with a rated output of 4.2 megawatts, a hub height of 155 metres and a total height of 230 metres. In view of the special climatic conditions in northern Sweden, they will be equipped with blade heating systems. The project’s planned annual production of 270 GWh corresponds to the annual electricity demand of approx. 54,000 households.
wpd started planning for the project at an early stage and consistently pushed ahead with it. The success of these efforts is not only proof of the great acceptance of the project, but also confirms the long-term commitment of wpd europe GmbH in Scandinavia. Construction of the plants is scheduled to start in early summer 2020, while commissioning is planned for the end of the year. So far, the progress of work has been largely unaffected by the effects of the corona pandemic, so that wpd is confident that it will be able to meet the set schedule.
In May 2019 wpd was able to announce the signing of a PPA contract with a large Swedish industrial company and in October finally the financial close, for which KfW IPEX-Bank was won as a partner. The next important step has now been taken with the extensive completion of the infrastructure and foundation construction measures.
“We are pleased to be able to welcome Vestas to the site soon, and that we have reached another milestone in our commitment to Sweden,” says Maria Röske, Managing Director at wpd Scandinavia AB. “The great commitment with which our teams on site have recently advanced the anchoring of the plant foundations in the hard rock is symbolic of the basic commitment with which we were able to master all challenges in the planning and realization of the Aldermyrberget project, which is important locally but also for the positioning of wpd in the Swedish market.”
wpd AG develops and operates wind farms on- and offshore and solar parks. The Bremen-based German company is active in 25 countries worldwide and has realized wind energy projects with around 2,270 wind turbines and an output of 4,720 MW. The project pipeline comprises a total of 11,300 MW onshore, 7,400 MW offshore and 1,150 MW solar energy.
Bremen, 25 May 2020
Publication and Reprint free of charge; please send a voucher copy to wpd AG.
Attention editorial offices - For further questions please contact:
Head of Communication
Phone: +49 (421) 16866-10
Stephanitorsbollwerk 3 (Haus LUV)
Online-Pressemappe - alle Pressemitteilungen der wpd AG | RSS-Feed abonnieren
Pressebilder nur für die redaktionelle Verwendung
Hinweis: Für den Inhalt der Pressemitteilung ist der Emittent / Herausgeber der Meldung »wpd AG« verantwortlich.
Weitere Pressemitteilungen von wpd AG
- Erfolge in einem spannenden Markt: wpd vermeldet Financial Close ...
- wpd positioniert sich breiter als Projektpartner auf dem US-Energ...
- wpd unterzeichnet Lieferverträge für 350-MW-Projekt in Taiwan
- wpd begrüßt hochrangigen Besuch in polnischen Windparks
- wpd schließt Stromliefervertrag mit ENGIE in Polen ab
- wpd erhält von Euler Hermes erneut das A-Rating
- wpd schließt in Finnland mit der K Group einen weiteren Stromlie...
- wpd schließt Liefervertrag für Windenergieanlagen im französis...
- EDF Renewables, Enbridge und wpd beginnen mit dem Bau des Offshor...
- wpd vermeldet in Polen den Abschluss eines weiteren PPAs
Top 10: Meist geklickte Pressemitteilungen von wpd AG
- 1 EDF Renewables, Enbridge und wpd beginnen mit dem Bau des Offs...
- 2 wpd vermeldet in Polen den Abschluss eines weiteren PPAs
- 3 wpd schließt Liefervertrag für Windenergieanlagen im franzö...
- 4 wpd schließt Stromliefervertrag mit ENGIE in Polen ab
- 5 Erfolge in einem spannenden Markt: wpd vermeldet Financial Clo...
- 6 wpd unterzeichnet Lieferverträge für 350-MW-Projekt in Taiwan
- 7 wpd schließt in Finnland mit der K Group einen weiteren Strom...
- 8 wpd baut 72 Megawatt-Projekt in Schweden
- 9 wpd begrüßt hochrangigen Besuch in polnischen Windparks
- 10 wpd verstärkt Fokus auf den taiwanischen Offshore-Windmarkt
About wpd AG
wpd is a developer and operator of wind farms both onshore and offshore, acting worldwide. Since 1996, wpd has installed 2,200 wind turbines with a total of 4,450 MW. Currently more than 1,500 MW are held as assets. A group staff of 2,200 is committed to wind energy in 21 countries. Internationally, wpd is planning projects in the scope of 8,725 MW onshore and 7,250 MW offshore. For years, wpd has been awarded the first-class “A” rating by the Euler Hermes agency (Allianz Group). Besides the favourable status quo analysis, this external assessment of creditworthiness also illustrates the company’s excellent future prospects.
wpd has played a determining role in helping to shape the wind industry since its early beginnings. The foundation for wpd was laid over two decades ago in Bremen. To this day, the head office is in the Hanseatic city. The former two-man operation has developed into a solid, mid-sized company.