Herausgeber: juwi AG
Strategic reorientation of juwi is beginning to bear fruit: Now leading international project developer for solar power plants
- The focused growth strategy of the company is paying offWörrstadt (renewablepress) - When it comes to free-field, utility-scale solar power plants the juwi group belongs to the top project development providers worldwide. According to the results of a recent analysis by the internet platform “Wiki Solar”, the company from Wörrstadt also belongs to the leading providers regarding EPC and O&M services. Wiki Solar has been analysing the solar power market with a performance of over four megawatts (“utility scale”) for a period of several years.
- juwi is occupying top positions on current rankings of the internet platform Wiki Solar, both in the field of project development as in the fields of EPC and O&M
juwi has advanced to become the leading German company on the list of the most successful solar project developers. The top positions are primarily occupied by US, Chinese and Indian companies due to the size of their domestic markets and the locally characterised project development. On a European level, the renewable energy pioneer is running under the top three positions. This is a reason for juwi CEO, Michael Class, to be very pleased. “We are now beginning to reap the rewards of our strategic reorientation from the year 2017”.
About three years ago, juwi not only decided for a re-entry into the German solar business, but also for an expansion in the field of project development with a clear focus on selected, attractive international markets. Currently, the focus countries primarily include Australia, Greece, Italy, Japan, South Africa and the US. The project pipeline is expanding in all these markets. Furthermore, the company is continuously assessing the entry into further growth markets. “The strong point in our strategy is that we can provide a comprehensive service portfolio regarding project development, EPC and O&M services to our customers through our integrated business model.” Emphasises Stephan Hansen, responsible juwi board member for international business.
juwi has already achieved remarkable success in all named markets. Currently, the construction of the solar park Kozani is in the project pipeline. With a capacity of 204 megawatts, it will become the largest solar park in southeast Europe. In the coming years, juwi will construct a solar portfolio amounting to a capacity of 500 megawatts in the US for a regional energy supplier from Colorado. Since the founding of the company in 1996, juwi has, in sum, planned and developed close to 2,000 solar power plants of various sizes with an overall capacity of more than 2,700 megawatts in more than 25 countries.
Despite the focus on project development, juwi still continues to belong to the top players on the Engineering-Procurement-Construction (EPC) market. In particular, three large scale projects in Vietnam as well as numerous EPC projects in Japan have most recently contributed to this success. Likewise, juwi is very successful in the field of operations and maintenance (O&M). juwi is the leading European company in this field. “The current Wiki Solar statistics prove that we are one of the few German companies to have managed to establish a real global player position” highlights juwi board member Hansen.
A further focus of the company is in the construction of hybrid power plants for off-grid industries, for example for mines. In such projects solar power plants are complemented with storage units. These units can then be intelligently integrated into the existing isolated network by using a juwi-developed software called “„juwi Hybrid IQ“. “We have proven what renewable energy solutions can achieve though our worldwide renowned project DeGrussa. We continue to build upon this accomplishment”, continues Hansen.
Furthermore, juwi has greatly expanded its project development activities in the German wind energy market. “Our colleagues who are taking on project development abroad are also profiting from our experience and competence, which we have gathered as one of the largest German companies in the industry” Michael Class emphasises. Primarily, this is currently the case in South Africa, where juwi is working on a wind and solar energy pipeline amounting to about 1,000 megawatts.
Looking ahead into the future, Class feels positive – despite the current challenges due to COVID-19. “Naturally and with reason, the current focus in all countries lies with fighting the corona pandemic. This is occasionally leading to some delays in the development of projects. However, we are also taking note of increasing demand from the economy and politics for a realignment of the global economy according to sustainable factors. Obviously, this also includes the question of how we are going to produce our energy. And in answering this question, there is no way around the cost-effective and clean source of wind and solar energy” underlines Michael Class in conclusion.
About the juwi group
The juwi group is one of the world’s leading companies in the area of renewable energy. The renewable energy pioneer offers project development, Hybrid Solutions as well as EPC and O&M services. Company activities are mainly projects with solar and wind. The juwi group was established in 1996 in Rhineland-Palatinate/Germany. Since the end of 2014, Mannheim based utility MVV Energie AG has been partner shareholder of the juwi Group. juwi has about 850 employees worldwide, branches on all continents and is actively engaged in various projects all over the globe. Working together with passion to implement renewable energy economically and reliably is what drives us.
So far, juwi has realized more than 1,000 wind turbines with a total capacity of more than. 2,400 megawatts at 180 sites globally. In the solar segment, more than 1,700 projects with a total capacity of around 2,700 megawatts have been designed and constructed. Combined, these energy systems produce more than 8.0 billion kilowatt hours of clean energy per year, equaling the annual demand of more than 2.6 million German households. Within the past 20 years, juwi has initiated an investment volume of around 9.0 billion euros to realize these projects.
Wörrstadt, 30 April 2020
Publication and Reprint free of charge; please send a voucher copy to juwi AG.
Attention editorial offices - For further questions please contact:
Tel: +49 (0)6732 9657-1244
Mob: +49 (0)1520 9331878
Online-Pressemappe - alle Pressemitteilungen der juwi AG | RSS-Feed abonnieren
Pressebilder nur für die redaktionelle Verwendung
Hinweis: Für den Inhalt der Pressemitteilung ist der Emittent / Herausgeber der Meldung »juwi AG« verantwortlich.
Weitere Pressemitteilungen von juwi AG
- Baubeginn für Europas größten bifazialen Solarpark
- juwi und GE Renewable Energy schließen Rahmenvertrag über 60 Wi...
- Keine Abstriche beim Anlagenservice: juwi-Betriebsführung für E...
- juwi Shizen Energy baut 54-Megawatt-Solarpark auf ehemaligem Golf...
- Sonne, Wind & Speicher: juwi erfolgreich bei der ersten Innovatio...
- juwi realisiert Photovoltaik-Hybridprojekt mit 25-MW-Batteriespei...
- Neues Führungstrio für die operativen Gesellschaften der juwi-G...
- Windpark Rosskopf am Netz
- Windpark Kröppen an Betreiber übergeben
- Münchener Investorengruppe erwirbt Windenergie-Projekt Wellenber...
Top 10: Meist geklickte Pressemitteilungen von juwi AG
- 1 Neues Führungstrio für die operativen Gesellschaften der juw...
- 2 Baubeginn für Europas größten bifazialen Solarpark
- 3 juwi Shizen Energy baut 54-Megawatt-Solarpark auf ehemaligem G...
- 4 juwi baut in Westaustralien Wind- und Solarpark für Stromvers...
- 5 juwi realisiert Photovoltaik-Hybridprojekt mit 25-MW-Batteries...
- 6 Strategische Neuausrichtung von juwi trägt erste Früchte: in...
- 7 Keine Abstriche beim Anlagenservice: juwi-Betriebsführung fü...
- 8 Münchener Investorengruppe erwirbt Windenergie-Projekt Wellen...
- 9 Sonne, Wind & Speicher: juwi erfolgreich bei der ersten Innova...
- 10 juwi und GE Renewable Energy schließen Rahmenvertrag über 60...
About juwi AG
juwi is one of the world’s leading companies in the area of renewable energy with a strong regional presence. The company offers project development and EPC services as well as products and solutions for the energy turnaround. Company activities are mainly projects with solar and wind.
The juwi group was established in 1996 in Rhineland-Palatinate. Since the end of 2014, Mannheim based utility MVV Energie AG has been co-owner and partner of the juwi-group. juwi has about 1,000 employees worldwide, branches on all continents and is actively engaged in various projects all over the globe. Working together with passion to implement renewable energy economically and reliably is what drives us.
So far, juwi has realized around 840 wind turbines with a total capacity of approx. 1,800 megawatts at more than 100 sites. In the solar segment, more than 1,500 projects with a total capacity of around 1,400 megawatts have been designed and constructed. Combined, these energy systems produce around six billion kilowatt hours of clean energy per year, equalling the annual demand of around 1.5 million German households. Within the past 18 years, juwi has initiated an investment volume of around six billion euros to realize these projects.